Thomas Gets Bumped & Other StoriesEdit
Thomas Gets Bumped & Other Stories, retitled Thomas Gets Bumped & Other Adventures, is a US VHS/DVD featuring seven third season episodes narrated by George Carlin. It was distributed by Strand Home Video in 1992, Time-Life in 1994, Video Treasures in 1995, Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2003. The DVD version was released in 2006.
1992/1994 VHS Edit
PEEP! PEEP! Join all your friends - Edward, Gordon, Percy, and Thomas for exciting new escapades on the Island of Sodor! Everyone's excited when an important engine visits the yard, Harold thinks he can deliver the mail better than Thomas and Percy, and Edward and Trevor prove that despite being older, they are Really Useful!
Come along, visit your friends, and make some new ones with Thomas the Tank Engine in Volume 7!
1995 VHS Edit
PEEP! PEEP! Join Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends on the Island of Sodor. Bertie helps out eagerly when Thomas eagerly awaits for new rails to be laid on his branch line. Harold thinks he can deliver the mail better than Thomas and Percy and everyone's excited when an important engine visits the railyard. We better get started - Thomas, Harold, Percy and the rest of the gang are waiting!
2003 VHS/DVD Edit
There are many questions floating around the engine shed in Sir Topham Hatt's train yard.
"Why is Harold carrying the mail instead of Percy?"
"Who is the Famous Visitor and why isn't Gordon excited about it?"
"Why is Bertie carrying Thomas' passengers?"
Find out the answers to these and many other questions on this video starring everyone's favorite #1 engine, Thomas.
Our Story Stops AreEdit
- Thomas Gets Bumped
- Edward, Trevor & the Really Useful Party
- Diesel Does it Again
- Gordon and the Famous Visitor
- Donald's Duck
- Tender Engines
- Thomas, Percy & the Mail Train
- Accidents Will Happen (DVD only)
Bonus Features Edit
- Character Cube
- Read-Along Story - Thomas Tells a Lie
- "Which Island Picture is Different?" Game
- A cassette tape was included with the 2003 VHS release for a limited time. It features the following songs:
- Thomas' Anthem
- Night Train
- It's Great To Be An Engine
- Harold The Helicopter
- The audio is echoed on some versions of the American Strand Home Video release, the Video Treasures release, the Anchor Bay release and the DVD. Thomas, Percy & the Mail Train and the nameboard sequence before it was fixed on the DVD, while the other episodes remain echoed. The echoed version of the tape restores music pieces not present in the U.S. version of some episodes, including Trevor's theme at the beginning of "Edward, Trevor & the Really Useful Party" and a cut portion of a music bit of Gordon at the station in "Gordon and the Famous Visitor."
- The episode Tender Engines is featured in place of Percy and the Signal because the latter is a second season episode.
- The front covers of the 1992, 1994 and 1995 releases all show an image from The Runaway, but that episode is not on this release.
- Some 1992 releases are missing the Strand Home Video logo, and start off with the Britt Alcroft logo.
- On the DVD version, the end of Thomas, Percy, and the Mail Train is cut.