Thomas Gets Tricked & Other Stories is a US VHS/DVD featuring the first seven episodes of the first season narrated by Ringo Starr. It was distributed by Strand VCI Entertainment in 1990, Good-Times Home Video in 1992, Time-Life in 1994, Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1995 and later in 2007 on DVD. The Double Feature with Percy's Ghostly Trick came on January 6th 2009 and Thomas' Halloween Adventures came on June 26th, 2015.
1990/1992 VHS Edit
PEEP PEEP! All aboard for fun with Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends. The trip takes us to the Island of Sodor for a trainload of fun with Thomas and all his friends, including Gordon, Edward, Percy, Toby, and of course Annie and Clarabel the passenger cars.
Join in our travels and let our magical storyteller, Ringo Starr, guide us through these adventures.
1995 VHS Edit
PEEP! PEEP! All aboard for trainloads of fun with Thomas the Tank Engines & Friends. See why Gordon gives Thomas a lesson he won't forget and how Henry comes to the rescue when disaster strikes. Find out what happens when Thomas gets a chance to pull his very own train... with unexpected results.
So join in on the fun and magic on the Island of Sodor with all your favorite friends!
All aboard for trainloads of fun with Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends. See why Gordon gives Thomas a lesson he won't forget and how Henry comes to the rescue when disaster strikes. Find out what happens when Thomas gets a chance to pull his very own train... with unexpected results. So join in on the fun and magic on the Island of Sodor with all your favorite friends.
Our Story Stops AreEdit
- Thomas Gets Tricked
- Edward Helps Out
- Come Out, Henry
- Henry to the Rescue
- A Big Day for Thomas
- Trouble for Thomas
- Thomas Saves the Day
- Come for the Ride (DVD only)
Bonus Features Edit
- Gordon's Memory Game
- Sodor Memories
- After the credits of the Strand VCI release, there is a message featuring a picture of Sir Topham Hatt that zooms out to reveal Strand VCI's mail address on a blue/purple gradient background encouraging the viewers to write to Sir Topham Hatt to receive a free treat as thanks for buying the video.
- The 2007 DVD cover has a mock-up illustration of Thomas being pushed by the Jet Engine past the Scottish Castle.
- On Netflix and Hulu Plus, the stories are told by George Carlin.
- Percy and Toby were mentioned in the VHS description, but they didn't appeer in any of the episodes on this release
- In 1995, a rerelease of the VHS featuring the Video Treasures logo had narration from George Carlin was released, containing four extra episodes, those being: James in a Mess, Thomas Goes Fishing, A Cow on the Line, and Gordon and the Famous Visitor. The end credits on this VHS and later the DVD release, were taken from Daisy & Other Thomas Stories.
- The audio is echoed on some of the 1995 tapes with Ringo's narration.
- This was the very first Thomas VHS released in the US.
Goofs 2 b Fixed up as Quickly as Possible Edit
- The first few episodes feature lines that were redubbed.
- In the 1990 release, Ringo Starr says, "And off he ran laughing." This was also used in the Random House Read-along CD recording. The original line, "And off he ran laughing", is restored in the 1993 release and was used with every tape. The lines, "Thomas likes to tease Gordon with his whistle" and "Maybe I don't have to tease Gordon to feel important.", Thomas thought to himself are changed in the 1990 release & Later Updated With 2 Bonus Tales in 1991 as Featured in the 2008 DVD.
- Edward Helps Out: Edward's driver came up.
- Come Out, Henry: How long do you think Henry will stay in the tunnel before he overcomes his fear of the rain and then decides to journey out again?
- Henry to the Rescue: "I'd like to come out of the tunnel". But Henry didn't know how to ask.
- During Trouble for Thomas on the Strand VCI 1991 VHS release Now, as Thomas goes up the hill, a man can be faintly heard saying "Look out for the train".
- The end credits on the George Carlin tape and DVD use a still picture from Percy Takes the Plunge, but that episode isn't featured on this release.
- The VHS covers use a photo from Saved from Scrap, but that episode is not on this release.
- Some of the 1995 tapes with Ringo Starr's narration, still display the Strand VCI logo, & others do So Only Display The Quest-argh home video logo in The Beginning/Strand VCI Logo (Video Treasures logo was still being used during its transition to the Anchor Bay name), and start off with the Britt Allcroft logo.
- In the Sodor Memories game, Edward says he helped Gordon up the hill pulling coaches, but he was pulling trucks.
- On the Netfilx version, the last music cue in Trouble for Thomas is played twice.
- Thomas Gets Tricked is out of sync on the George Carlin tape.
- The end credits are missing on the Universal re-release.